Developing and enhancing relations with local communities is a mutually beneficial process and remains a strategic priority for EVRAZ. The Group provides support to residents in a number of areas, including improving urban infrastructure; sponsoring sports, educational and cultural initiatives; and providing assistance to socially vulnerable groups, especially children with disabilities and orphans.
EVRAZ is an active participant in many events at federal, regional, and local levels, including initiatives that involve cooperation with local authorities and supporting non-profit organizations. We believe that such interaction with stakeholders contributes to the accelerated development of the social environment, the industry, and EVRAZ itself.
Read more about our projects in Sustainability Report 2020.
EVRAZ’s three areas of social investment
- Financing the improvement of youthorientated educational, sports, cultural and medical institutions, their equipment and facilities.
- Sponsoring educational programmes for children and young people, and providing scholarships.
- Supporting children in orphanages and children left without parental care.
- Supporting children with special needs and their families.
- Organising educational and entertainment events for employees’ children.
- Improving local urban infrastructures.
- Sponsoring medical, educational, and cultural institutions at both federal and local level.
- Funding infrastructure projects, including building roads, streets, and embankments.
- Funding local sports institutions, purchasing sports equipment, and improving facilities.
- Funding corporate sport as an important part of corporate culture: organising sports events, competitions, and training programmes for employees and local residents.
- Funding amateur and professional sports teams and individual athletes.